Anonymous

What are some good career directions for people who are "imaginative" but not "creative"?

I'm in my 20s and still haven't found a cruising altitude or a satisfactory direction. I would consider myself very intelligent and I have a huge imagination (I have ADHD and I think this actually gets in the way too often), but I am not really a "creative" person. What are some jobs or careers that require you to be good at seeing the big picture and imagining possibilities and hidden connections, but aren't "classically creative" pursuits that require you to be able to build or design things or have artistic talents? The closest things I can find that interest me are science and technology fields, but I am so bad at details (and schoolwork) that it doesn't seem like these are really options for me 

Sounds like you want the end result without doing the training.   Things don't work that way. 

What is missing here is work ethic.

Thomas Edison said "“Genius is one percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration."

Simply being able to imagine possibilities isn't a marketable job skill, because what you can see or imagine isn't useful without someone who is artistic or creative or good at details.  Anyone who hires you will need to hire someone artistic or creative or good at details, and whomever is artistic or creative or good at details, will have their own ideas and won't need yours.

Possibly, you could be a fiction writer, but you have to good at details to keep the plot straight so that the inconsistencies don't make it confusing, so that's no good either.

If you aren't artistic or creative or good at details, then look for a job that doesn't require an imagination either, because jobs that require an imagination also require someone who is artistic or creative or good at details.