Why do so many Christians act like Donald Trump is a wonderful person?

I don't get why so many Christians act like Donald Trump is a wonderful person and that the world is a better place when we have a Republican president, also why do so many Christians think Democrats are evil people and that Republicans are good people?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

All you have to do is look at the Democrat National Committee platform. It reads like Romans, chapter 1. Yes, the Democrat Party is flat out evil. Just about everything they do is found in the Bible as an abomination: murder of unborn children, LGBTQ, gay marriage, ANTIFA, BLM, lawlessness, open borders, lying, covetousness (envy). The list goes on.

As to Trump. All those that have lost it because they think that Trump is evil and yet voted for Hillary and now Biden, you have got to be kidding. Both Clinton and Biden used their government positions to increase their personal and family wealth by hundreds of millions of dollars. They effectively did "shake downs" of foreign leaders, taking money for access, i.e., "pay to play". Trump gave up his presidential salary and instead donates all of the money to charity. His empire that he put on hold has lost hundreds of millions of dollars during this super expanding economy that HE orchestrated. How is any of that evil on the part of Trump? 

From a personal point of view, why did Bill Clinton have to seek sexual comfort away from his wife? Why was Hillary so "close" to Huma Abedin? Hillary called her a "daughter", code for lesbian lover. And Biden is a pervert that seeks to have children "play with his leg hair in the pool" (his words), swim naked before female secret service agents, sniff the hair of other senator's wives, and have his hands all over every single woman that he encounters. All in the public eye and not at all in secret. Blatant. Pelosi had to tell him to stay away from the women during his run for president, to stop sniffing hair and fondling.

Read Romans 13 if you care to understand what God expects from a leader. It is all about maintaining law and order - exactly what Trump sought to do. And exactly what the Democrats do not do. The violence that we have seen was all orchestrated in Democrat cities, under Democrat governors and mayors and Soros supported district attorneys. God also called some of the vilest persons "His servants" - Nebuchadnezzar, for example. King of Babylon, God used him to punish the Jews for their abject wickedness. In the end, Nebuchadnezzar, humbled, turned to faith in God. I fully expect that we will see him in Heaven. 

Yes, Trump had flings with many women. So did David and Solomon. And the Bible tells us that David was a "a man after God's own heart". Samson consorted with prostitutes, yet he was a man of God, a Judge during the pre-King era in Israel. At least Trump loves women. Obama has been accused in court by witnesses under oath of consorting with male prostitutes. Biden seems to love children inappropriately. Hillary also loves women.

In the end, the test of a good leader is that he: 1) follows God's expectations outlined in Romans 13; and 2) fulfills the promises that he made while he was selling himself to the voting public. And Trump fully wins on both of these tests. Trump is not a politician - he does what he says he is going to do. All of those Trump haters out there are about to benefit and their lives saved by Trump's drive to have a COVID vaccine developed in record time - almost by an order of magnitude early. It is unprecedented.

Be thankful for these past four years. Be watchful and fearful of the next four.

A true Christian could NEVER condone the behaviors and actions of Trump. Everything he says and does goes against Christian teachings. His character is 100% flawed. The only thing he does is say he is anti abortion. But you have to know the ONLY reason he says that is to get votes from the single issue voter crowd. He doesn’t have any actual personal conviction on the matter. It’s just political strategy for him. He just needs pawns. 

• wereq

They think 2,000+ year old stories, that have been rewritten countless times, are the truth of the universe; short answer: they're gullible idiots.

I honestly don't know.  It makes absolutely no sense.  Abortion doesn't explain it because the Bible condones that.

Mostly because he was willing to condemn abortion -- the ultimate hypocrite. He didn't mind doing that, because he believes everyone is just as corrupt as he is. 

He knew he couldn't run as a Democrat with all his baggage, because the Right would've torn him apart. 

So instead he became the perfect Victim/Martyr/Savior for them so they would champion him instead. Worked like a charm (with a bit of witchcraft thrown in for good measure.)

They were conned by religion, they were conned by Diaper Don the Con.

They are overly credulous and easily fooled by someone seen as a *VERY* obvious swindler and crook by the rest of the world.

It's the biggest embarrassment in American history. 

I think some Christians don't realize that not all Republicans are Christian and not all Democrats are evil. Just like Denoni "Light", I am a Christian as well and I don't agree with any of the stuff Trump was doing and with Biden, the only things I disagree with are of course abortion and I know the bible says "no" to gay marriage and I'm straight, but I struggle with that because I just don't understand why people can't love whoever they want to love whether it's someone from the same sex or someone from the opposite sex. I think that saying that all Republicans are Christian and all Democrats are evil is being judgmental, which God clearly tells us not to judge and to just let him be the judge. That's like if I said Trump wasn't Christian I would be judging, I just know I disagree with what he did. 

• ?

Those (the Democrats) who formally reject God, who promote killing babies through abortion, who promote sexual perversions and abominations, who attack and denigrate the traditional family and who strive to censor free speech and work to confiscate property and capital from rightful owners make just about anyone else look good. 

He beat lyin' Hilarity flat out

Because  trvmp hates what they hate. They rationalize things in the same reactionary way. They ignore the same inconvenient truths. So it is with the highly gullible. They can't even see that he plays them like a fiddle.