Anonymous

What should I not put on my resume?

I want a job

babyboomer101 what should I not put on my resume? You read the question correctly. I'm looking for stupid answers.

Favorite Answer

I would not tell them you good on yahoo answers.

You only need a few pieces of information on any resume:  your name and contact info, your highest level of education and any degrees you have earned, and your RELEVANT work experience. You do not need hobbies, objectives, personal commentary, or references.  Always state that references are available on request. Only list your experience that would contribute to the job you're applying for and the dates you worked there. List only the actual DUTIES you performed if they are significant--you don't have put anything else on a resume. Keep it to one page--keep it clean and organized, and in a readable font. The simpler and more relevant it is, the more likely it will be read and noted. 

Source(s): Worked in HR for 31 years.

That would be a good thing to NOT put on your resume.

• RP

Omit anything that is not pertinent to your qualifications and background for the job you're seeking.

Your relevant experience for the given job

You would need to include your name and address, education, work history, specific qualification, etc. They're not interested in your personal life and problems.

Put your prior jobs. No prior jobs? No need for a resume.  Do not put sexual preference.

do not put your hobbies on the resume.

• ?

an employment specialist can help u edit ur resume to find a job.