Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Male reaching 40 and don't know what shoes to wear? ?

What shoes do these age range wear? New Balances? Nike? Would converse be okay?

Favorite Answer

I think it depends on the occasion, but if we're talking casually, any of the brands you named would be okay. Converse definitely do seem to be something that the younger generation wears, but that being said, I also don't think age should really be a factor in determining what you want to wear. If you want to wear converse, then do it! 

As for my suggestions, I think clarks is always a nice store to look at for mens shoe. Their style is a nice mix of a classic-formal and casual, which gives a nice clean look that would suite someone nearing their forties. 

If you want to wear a sports shoe brand like Nike, New Balance, Adidas, etc., I would go for more muted colors and avoid overly bright neon ones. 

But again I want to reiterate that these are merely suggestions and my personal preference. There's no guidebook telling you what to wear at what age. Wear what makes you happy and feel comfortable. I hope this helps :)

Whatever you choose, make sure to keep them clean. You have to clean up intermittently or else the crelm will just build up to unsustainable levels.

Source(s): i worked in a kitchen for a while
  • 555555

Buy some good leather walking shoes by a company like SAS  .Skip the runners.

Whenever a new generation reaches a milestone birthday they set the tone for what's acceptable which fashion changes.  You get to decide what you want to wear.  Use your judgement.

Cons are always the best choice - at any age.

Whatever you like.  A pair of shoes to be worn at the beach is different from those to be worn in an office.

My husband like Merrell for the office and Asics for exercising.

• drip

Shoes to wear where?  Any gym shoe is fine.  

Why does it matter? Ian McKellen is 81 and he's spotted wearing Converse All Stars all the time. They're sneakers. There's no age-limit, especially not now that sneakers have become a men's dress shoe.