? asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 2 months ago

Will health insurance compaines cover the covid vaccine, and what about the folks without insurance?

Hello,

I am assuming that after investing millions of dollars into the development of the COVID vaccine, a company like Pfizer will not just give out the vaccines for free.

2 questions:

1. Will insurance companies cover the cost of the vaccine for their customer?

2. What will happen to those American without health insurance?

Thanks!

24 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The government is taking care of your vaccine shot for free. Even with people that have no insurance. Can you imagine how expensive that will be? And the military will help dispense it! What a better nanny could anyone have!! And we'll all be in a long line waiting for our shot thinking about something called a vacation again!!

• zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most will because the law states that they must, now the Dummy-crats claim that there is no one in Americac with out insurance now because of the ripe off OBAMA CARE!  That program is a bad joke on the American People in a whole.  We all should be insulted by it, and demand it be changed forth with!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Who doesn't have insurance?  I thought FORMER chairman obama made sure everyone had insurance through his unconstitutional interference (the "Unaffordable No Care Debacle").  Aren't taxpayers still forced to pay for the unconstitutional Medicare and Medicaid programs that are rife with corruption? 

Want to know what your insurance covers?  READ YOUR POLICY!! 

Why should ANY company be forced to just give ANY of its products out for free?  How are they supposed to pay for the research and development of new products?  If they have to give everything away, I hope all research stops right now.

vic, I DEFY you to cite the Article or Amendment to the Constitution that mentions "health care" as a duty of the federal government.  BETCHA CAN'T!!  No, the "general welfare clause" does NOT.  Read Federalist Paper 41 for a clear explanation of that often and intentionally misused phrase.

Ron Akia, don't you mean "prepaid by TAXPAYERS" since that is how the federal gvoernment gets its money to waste?

• 2 months ago

I don’t think that 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The vaccines have been pre-paid by the government as they were developed at government expense. Costs are expected to be no more than insurance will pay, at least for the first round.

• DON W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This is for the US:

The current Economist magazine (which is neither Democratic or Republican in its leaning) has a good article about this.  Apparently 100 million doses of the vaccines have already been paid for by the federal government.  The only charge will be for the doctor or clinic to administer it to patients, and if you have basically any US health insurance policy, that charge will be covered.  It's still unclear about who will pay to administer the vaccine for people without health insurance, but I suspect the government (maybe at the state level) will pay.

• car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Health insurance will pay for the vaccine but make up for the cost in higher premiums.    Those without insurance will get medi-cal or medi-caid to pay for it. 

• 2 months ago

Most health insurances are probably going to pay for the vaccine for individuals. But if you have NO health insurance, they obviously don't have to pay for it. You may or may not get it for free in your state. That will depend on your state and your individual situation. And since no one yet has had any of the vaccines, there's no answer yet. 

• ?
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

no they dont cover epidemics why . and why should they give out vaccines for free , they have to recover their money someway , and the government can pay , after all its your money .

• 2 months ago

Follow the news. It will be free and has been announced several times. Here is an example: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/covid-19-...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.