Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Can I pull my own infected tooth. ?

It’s been infected at least 3 weeks. I’m taking antibiotics but it’s not eliminating it. My jaw is swollen and my gums are swollen. I’m allergic to articaine and I need allergy testing before my dentist will pull it. The allergy consult isn’t for another week and who knows how long after that I will be tested on what anesthetic I can use. It’s a lower tooth on the side. I’m terrified of having an allergic reaction. I am also so tired of it hurting and the infection is scaring me a lot. 

For safety reasons and better healing and avoiding further infections and complications you need to visit a dentist to do this. Because if u do it on your own it could still pain. Take pracetamol 500 for some days till u visit your dentist and eat very light food.

Depends how much you like pain- plan on using plyers or tying it to a door?   Or you could just wiggle it for a few hours.

• Tavy

The short answer is no as the roots are embedded deep in your jaw bone. Why can't you have gas and air, a few puffs and you won't feel a thing. You should also be taking Ibroprufen as a painkiller. Get back to your Dentist for further advice.