Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why are atheists generally undereducated but consider themselves a know all ?

This is a genuine question. I have come across many atheists who do very simple jobs that don’t require any education or intelligence but when they talk about religion and Christian Faith, they look down upon Christians 

Favorite Answer

You're generalizing, which is something it sounds as if you dislike being on the receiving end of from other people, I'm well-educated and happen to be atheist, though the two have nothing to do with one another. I've always noticed that "know it alls" usually don't know very much, because the more I've learned, the more I've come to realize I don't know all that much. I know what I specialize in, but I don't know how to perform surgery or how to cross-pollinate different plants or how to pave a roadway or build a car. My personal advice? Stop worrying about how someone else views your faith-it shouldn't make one bit of difference to you. 

This is too late for a "favorite answer" but as to education, I hold an earned PhD in a scientific field (chemistry).  That doesn't seem undereducated to me.  And a lot of my PhD and M.Sc. degreed friends are atheist as well.

I think you just made it up.

They see themselves as being in THE fight for their acceptance in society, and they could be right.

The correct attitude could carry them through.

Many of them switch identities from left to right to Christian to atheist to witch to satanist as often as necessary, depending on their surroundings, and some have learned to like it.

Some have even convinced themselves that they are successful at it.

Statistically, on average, atheists are better educated.  You don't seem to have enough education to realize that the handful of people you happen to run into aren't representative of a whole group.  Atheists often arrived at atheism through a thorough study of religion, meaning that many of them do indeed have a good understanding of your religion. By the way, do you consider yourself to be an expert on the various religions you aren't part of?  I remember my own Christian education in which we had short, superficial introductions to other religions and were told why they were wrong.  Despite the lack of depth, many of my peers came out of that sure that they knew all about those other religions.

Doesn't sound like atheists. Sounds like you, though.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools" (Romans 1:22)!

"The foolishness of God is more than the wisest man on earth" (I Corinthians 1:25)!

This is a genuine question. <<<No it isn’t 

I have come across many atheists who do very simple jobs that don’t require any education or intelligence <<< No you haven’t 

I don't see any evidence that that is the case, your personal experience notwithstanding.

You are generalizing. That is bigotry 

It’s a shame we don’t all live in your universe or we’d be able to agree with you.