Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

Why does the left want to cancel Christianity and western civilization 🇰🇵 ?

Unfortunately many have a simplistic understanding of the bible.

God "looking" for Adam and Eve for example was to show us that their knowledge of their sin was a real thing so much so that it caused them to "hide" from Him. (Note that there was no other recorded actions between them eating the fruit and this, also verifying that eating the fruit did have a discernible effect on them).

God was (we can assume), used to meeting them openly in the garden, then one day God had to seek them out.. see another lesson here, - the fact that even though we are sinners and hide from God, God still tries to seek us out.

In that small part at least two lessons on Gods interaction with us can be seen. So rather than rejecting it because "of course God knew where they were", how about taking the time to look deeper and see what God is actually trying to show us.

And, not to forget God was meeting them as a friend, He wasn't playing "super being" who would just zoom in on them, He treated them as friends who would come down to their level. (Another lesson)

Hello Cyclops, the answer is rather complex, but I can assure you, you are not being persecuted.  Christians are quite safe.  I am quite left wing compared to you, I live in the West and became an atheist when I was very young in my first year of bible classes, I do not want to cancel either.  (The pastor expelled me an 8 year old, because my questions disturbed the class and I always raised my hand  and waited to be called on by the pastor and politely asked why God did all those things in the bible which seemed illogical.  For example, he told us that is all knowing and yet he asked were Adam and Eve were hiding when they had eaten from the forbidden fruit as he would also have known they would)

If you want to believe in a god and can do so without forcing your religion on others, I encourage you to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ.   Not every one can distinguish right from wrong and the teachings of Jesus could help you to be a better person.  The old testament, which came before Christ is on the other hand full of hate and evil.  Nazi Germany was largely protestant at the time.  The hatred towards the Jews started with Martin Luther when he wrote "Von den Jüden und iren Lügen" (On the Jews and Their Lies) In those circumstances you have to forgive people wanting to abolish religion, although this was before Christ was born.  Want to protect your religion, be more like Christ...

As for Western civilization, we have to first agree what civilized means, I personally do not think we humans are very civil on average, how could Trump get nearly 74million votes if humans were civilized.  Calling Trump uncivil would be an understatement.  But I digress, if it means vilifying people who look different, then yes, it does deserve to be canceled.  But if you mean treating each other with kindness and respect (as Jesus taught) I can not think of anything that would be better.As for "left", the terms "left" and "right" appeared during the French Revolution of 1789 when members of the National Assembly divided into supporters of the king to the president's right and supporters of the revolution (republicans) to his left. Generally, the left-wing is characterized by an emphasis on 'ideas such as freedom, equality, fraternity, rights, progress, reform and internationalism', while the right-wing is characterized by an emphasis on 'notions such as authority, hierarchy, order, duty, tradition, reaction and nationalism'On a social level, the right generally believes that a hierarchy in society is natural and normal. For them, the idea of a class system whereby the richer employ the poorer in a triangle is healthy because everybody benefits and it has historically been the natural order of things.  Their economic policy (generally speaking) complements this, by promoting a form of capitalism which gives more economic freedom to big businesses. This means fewer regulations and lower taxes. They argue that as big businesses grow they create jobs for the working class and gradually everyone gets richer.The left on the other hand is more keen to reduce the gaps in society between the rich and the poor. They believe society should work together to help everybody, with schemes like single payer health care and education. They argue the rich should pay proportionally more for this through taxes, thus reducing the gap between rich and poor. They also prefer to regulate 'the Market', which means distributing the wealth created on the stock market and in banks so that it does not all end up in the pockets of millionaires but some of it goes to solving the country's problems.The easiest way to think about it is the idea of 'State vs. Market'. The state is the government, using its power to solve problems that only the government can; healthcare, policing, schools etc. Those departments are the 'public sector'. The market is the capitalist force which creates wealth, such as business transactions and banking. This is the 'private sector'.

because global warming is real . 

Cos it's sh*t 

...

Why are you full of $hit?