Should I go ahead break the law then go to court to find out neighbor's motive?

Everytime somebody having loud party second house from mine, this neighbor didn't call police on them.

But when I have a party even those it's not as loud as the other house party have, this neighbor call cops on me but not them.

Make me wonder this neighbor one specific picking on me only at me. They don't report police when another neighbor having loud party.

It kinda like the only way I won't have this neighbor call police on me for being lousy is if I having party same time as what neighbor's neighbor have.

Because if they did call police, I gonna say this to police, look, that house is way louder than mine so you gotta go there end it there too.

Anyway should I go ahead get tickets then question neighbors as a witness about why complain on me but not the other neighbor?

Favorite Answer

If you break the law and go to court, the question about why your neighbor doesn't call the police on other parties wont be asked and in response to why they called the police about your party, the answer, "because they were too loud and disturbing" would be sufficient enough. Just because it's a trial doesn't mean you get to ask any question you want or that you're entitled to the fullest answer they have.

If YOU go to court, it won't result in learning ANYTHING about your neighbor's motive for ANYTHING.

• paul c

Your neighbor likes them, and hates you. Maybe because they get invited to some parties, but not yours.

Do you know what I do when I have a very specific question ("Why don't you call the Police on them?") for a very specific person (my neighbor)?  Instead of asking strangers on Yahoo, I ask that neighbor!

So far it's worked very well for me.  Try it.

• ?

I just want to know where you live that parties of any kind are allowed in 2020. 

Maybe your paety neighbor has the courtesy to let your other neighbor know when they plan to have a party..  Or maybe they invite said neighbor.

The difference may also be what HOURS the parties are beong held at.   If your neigbor quiets down by 10/11 or whatever the noise ordinance is- then theres nothing to call the cops about.

If you're playing loud music at 2 am, you're violating the noise ordinance.

Even if you go to court..  The neighbor doesnt have to make an appearance.   They can place an anon call to the cops to report the noise.   Your neighbor is under no obligation to confront you or to be confronted

• Bruce

You certainly can, but they only have to testify about the noise they heard. They don't have to say why they called. If you ask about motive, the prosecutor will probably object and the judge will probably sustain their objection. 

• Kieth

Yes, you should. It will give you a valuable lesson on how our judicial system works.