Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 2 months ago

Should I apply to college with or without SAT in 2020?

Should I apply to college with or without SAT in 2020? Since the SAT is optional for most colleges this year because of COVID, should I turn in my SAT scores even though it is optional? Will it weigh me down when I am compared to a student with no SAT score?

My guess is that whether you should include your SAT score depends almost entirely on whether the score is good when compared to the scores of the students admitted to the college(s) you're applying to.

You can see the range of test scores of the most recent freshman class at various compare-colleges websites and sometimes a college's own site.

Say your EBRW score is 660 and your math 610, and the average of the last class admitted was 590 and 570. You'd look pretty good and the scores would cast a favorable light on your application.