How to fix libido?

I have been on birth control for most of my life which drastically curved my sex drive. Now that I am off of it I feel like I can’t control myself. I constantly think about sex and it is seemingly becoming an issue in my relationship to the point where I am exhausting. I have tried communicating the issues but to no resolve. I’ve tried self pleasure with and without toys but still have the ache. Does professional therapy help in this situation?

• Will
    Favorite Answer

You're just going to have to readjust. You threw yourself out of whack with birth control, but now that you are off it, your hormones are naturalizing again. 

In my own experience with testosterone replacement therapy, that happened to me. Once my T levels were up I felt uncontrollable. After a month though with higher levels I had become used to it. 

i had this issue and it went away in a month or so