Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Is this possessive or am I at fault?

My boyfriend and I have been together 7 years now, since we were in high school. Back when we were young he used to do things like kiss me whenever he (or i) left the room or he would pout if I didn't or if I didn't hold his hand all the time. Now, we are both coming up to 30 years old now and he still does it, and it kind of bothers me. Like it wasn't such a big deal when we were young and always all over each other , but now we're bot adults I dont feel its necessary it's becoming more of an annoyance. Is this being possessive?

This math ain't adding up to say the least.

• T J

He is showing you his love for you, even after 7 years. What is wrong with that? If it bothers you so much, why are you still with him?  You are a lucky woman to have him love you like that.

• ?

Not possessive.  It sounds more like a habit of some who is emotionally immature and insecure.  TALK.  Good golly, you've been dating for seven years.  Either you are going to be long-term partners or it is time to move on.  If you're going to stick around, you need to be able to talk about things and both make accommodations for one another.

Some people are touchers.  Some people feel a kiss means everything is okay or that it is a sign that they are special.  

Possessive is when he get mad or threatens or take your phone or try to prevent you from doing things.