Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Is he bipolar or just stupid?

I have a semi-friend who's always applying for high experience jobs with no experience or jobs 1500 miles away and getting upset when he doesn't get the job or that they need to interview him tomorrow and he can't afford a last minute plane ticket let alone is he really serious about moving on a short notice. Or wanting to buy something there's only a handful of worldwide like a GMC Futurliner. Again, genuine disappoinment.

I see no sign of bipolar in your description.

I DO wonder why you are so concerned about a "semi"friend.

It sounds like he’s playing the “poor poor pitiful me” card. He applies for jobs he knows he can’t get because he wants sympathy when he doesn’t get the job.

Not necessarily. If you don't think big you're never going to land a big opportunity. However, to realistically get those kinds of jobs you need to become a specialist or expert in that field, and have a persuasively positive personality.  Encourage him to learn how to provide what the employer needs plus just a little bit more. 

he may be both but the fact is he doesn't want a job and the disappointment is an act.

why doesn't he go back into full time education like all the other work dodgers.