Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Is anyone else grieved by people's astounding disrespect for God and refusal to accept His provision for our salvation, Jesus?

I can definitely understand and relate to Lot, as written in 2 Peter 2. He was grieved by people's actions and attitudes of his day. Today, we see some of the same things that he witnessed then. 

2 Peter 2:7-8

7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless

8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your grief is because so many see through your insecurity, needy life and ignorance and chose not to follow you!

• 2 months ago

Not me! I’m Jewish

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The faithful man Job believed in the resurrection. He asked: “If a man dies, can he live again?” Then he said to Jehovah: “You will call, and I will answer you. You will long for the work of your hands.” Yes, Job knew that Jehovah is looking forward to the time when he will resurrect the dead.​—Job 14:13-15.

We are all prisoners of death. No matter what we do, there is no escape. But Jehovah has the power to release us from death. And he has promised that “the last enemy, death, is to be brought to nothing.”​—1 Corinthians 15:26.

Actually, if you accept the existence of God, you should have no problem believing in the resurrection. To illustrate: A person can videotape his last will and testament, and after he dies, his relatives and friends can see and hear him, in effect, as he explains how his estate is to be handled. A hundred years ago, such a thing was unthinkable.

Of Jehovah’s own willingness to perform the resurrection, the faithful man Job said: “If an able-bodied man dies can he live again? . . . You will call, and I myself shall answer you. For the work of your hands you will have a yearning.” Job 14:14, 15 Here the original-language word that is rendered “you will have a yearning” denotes God’s earnest longing and desire. Genesis 31:30; Psalm 84:2. Clearly, Jehovah must keenly anticipate the resurrection.

Yes, billions of people will live again. The apostle Paul also said that both “the righteous and the unrighteous” will be resurrected. Read Acts 24:15. "The righteous” include faithful servants of Jehovah who lived before Jesus came to earth. People like Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Moses, Ruth, and Esther will be resurrected to life here on earth."  “The unrighteous” include billions of people who did not have the opportunity to know Jehovah. Even though they died, Jehovah hasn’t forgotten them. He will resurrect them, and they will have the opportunity to learn about him and serve him.

The apostle Peter explains that Jesus “was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.” 1 Peter 3:18 Jesus was brought back to life as a powerful spirit person! 1 Corinthians 15:3-6.

Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our trials so that we may be able to comfort others in any sort of trial with the comfort that we receive from God. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

“Like a man whom his own mother keeps comforting, so I myself shall keep comforting you people.”​—Isaiah 66:13.

“The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life.”​—John 5:28, 29.

Source(s): www.jw.org/en
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not at all. That god from the bible is a murderous genocidal-minded creation of savages. 

Blaming Lot's daughters in that horrible story is just the normal thing for that gross book of poo. 

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Liz
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

(Genesis 19:31-33) And the firstborn said to the younger: “Our father is old, and there is not a man in the land to have relations with us according to the custom of the whole earth. 32 Come, let us give our father wine to drink, and let us lie down with him and preserve offspring from our father.” 33 So that night they kept giving their father wine to drink; then the firstborn went in and lay down with her father, but he did not know when she lay down and when she got up.

The very fact that Lot’s daughters got him intoxicated suggests that they realized he would not consent to having sexual relations with them while he was sober. But as aliens in the land, his daughters felt that this was the only way to prevent the extinction of Lot’s family.

It pays to carefully read the Bible.

• 2 months ago

EDIT: Look at the jehovah's witnesses trying to defend rape and incest. Must be why there's so much child rape in their cult.

Yes, that righteous man, Lot, who raped and impregnated his 2 daughters......

Of course, the bible writers blamed the daughters.

That book is so vile.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.