Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

would i get in trouble if i get on to someone about wearing their mask under their nose at work?

like if a customer is wearing their mask under their nose, and i then refuse to serve them unless they pull it up, could i get in trouble for this? I see it as a safety issue so there should be no problem with it.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Depends on the rules your particular employer has set up with this particular workplace. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

That depends on your employer's policy.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What has your management told you about this issue.if they have told you, "refuse service" then there is no issue as you are following policy, if they haven't told you that, then there is an issue............ a polite person would advise the customer to please adjust their mask, wearing it correctly not just 'refuse service'

• xyzzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That would depend on your management. If you ask politely for them to adjust their mask and they refuse and then you refer the issue to your manager, then the odds are no. If you just say "I'm not serving you because of the way you are wearing you mask." then you may find yourself fired.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Up to your boss if you get in trouble or not. This isn't a legal issue. If you work at Wal-Mart then the CEO already said he doesn't want teh workers trying to enforce the mask request(meaning them saying they want people to wear a mask was basically a joke. I get not wanting to put people at risk, but still makes the request basically a joke). 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What is more important, your job or your ideology .

• 2 months ago

As for anything that might get you into trouble at work, ask your supervisor or his/her supervisor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.