When a strong cologne is determined, is it true that the brand never tests on animals again?

I used to wear Tom's deodorant, knowing the company's developers does not spray the product into an animal's eye (to see if it reacts) to determine if it is 'strong' scented or not.  Yet, Tom's for men (or just regular Tom's) stopped working after 15 minutes.  I talked to a friend about this.

He told me that deodorant companies that do test on animals do the following: They see how much of each ingredient they need to ensure the deodorant will last long (is considered strong), that the wearer won't develop body odor for 6 hours.  (then can re-apply).

He then told me that, once that company figures that out (companies like Old Spice, or Degree) that they never again test it on animals.  That they never again spray anything into an animal's eyes.  Even when a new 'scent' is created, they now know how much of each ingredient to put into it.

Decades later, they keep this information on file.  I was a bit relieved to hear this as, I am a vegetarian, and I want to help animals.  I also did not like when Tom's for Men faded after 15 minutes and I smelled horrible at my job due to my armpits.

Cologne is more of a want, not a need. I've tried colognes that don't test on animals, such as American Eagle, yet you can only smell the cologne if you put your nose right up to the person's skin/neck.  Stronger colognes (like Nautica) test on animals.

Yet, do you know if, like with strong deodorants, cologne brands that test on animals only sprayed it in an animals eye once?  

Thanks.  

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.