Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Atheists: When you turned your backs on God, did you stop to realize how it would affect your children and your relationship with them?

The truth will set you free, Christ loves you and wants you to only have the best relationship with your family.

Genesis 19:31-32 "One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father."

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I turned my back on the Church, because I found its claims didn't hold water.  As far as I can tell, there isn't a God to turn my back on.

I did that back in middle school, so no I wasn't thinking much about how that would affect my children, if I ever had any.  And so far it hasn't, really.

That's a great citation there.  If returning to Christianity would lead to drunken incestuous relations with my daughter, that gives me another reason not to reconsider.

• 2 months ago

Atheists simply don't believe God exists, we didn't "turn our backs" on an unproven imaginary deity.

There is no proof God exists, therefore no proof Jesus was anything other than a preacher.

My parents were Christian, raised me Christian, I became atheist as an adult (and they were quite accepting of my choice).

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

How does a person turn their back on a thing which does not exist? 

• Archer
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Actually is had no effect upon me, my children nor my relationship with them for I was not so insecure that "I" needed to dictate to them "their" lives.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Do you think I should pretend

to believe that the hypothetical God,

that you happen to be imagining,

is actually real,

to gain some supposed family benefits?

That sounds pretty transactional,

rather than honest.

You are recommending that I be dishonest.

--

Regards,

John Popelish

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.