Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Would a girl who makes 70k marry a man who makes 50k? ?

Someone who has a college degree/career that is worth more than my college degree in terms of returns

Is 50k low for someone who makes 70k?

Should I pursue/date her or is there no future? I don't want to be heartbroken and waste my time 

• Dick

My late wife had a PHD, was in management, and made over $70K a year when we were married. I have no degrees and was making around $48K at that time. We had 27 of the happiest years of our lives until she passed.

Wouldn't it be amazingly stupid if you selected a partner based solely on how much money they made.  What would happen if one or other of you got a promotion?  Immediate divorce?  The money is only an issue if between the pair of you there is not sufficient for food to eat properly.

why the hell not? what does it matter what your salary is compared to hers? ridiculous. it's not a deal breaker... as long as you can pay half of whatever rent situation you have together. 

• ?

That's about what my late wife was making and around what I was making at the time we married. We  were together for 27 happy years, before she passed.

Most would, some wouldn't. Amazing, right?