Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Would a girl who makes 70k marry a man who makes 50k? ?

Someone who has a college degree/career that is worth more than my college degree in terms of returns

Is 50k low for someone who makes 70k?

Update:

Should I pursue/date her or is there no future? I don't want to be heartbroken and waste my time 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Dick
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

My late wife had a PHD, was in management, and made over $70K a year when we were married. I have no degrees and was making around $48K at that time. We had 27 of the happiest years of our lives until she passed.

• 2 months ago

Wouldn't it be amazingly stupid if you selected a partner based solely on how much money they made.  What would happen if one or other of you got a promotion?  Immediate divorce?  The money is only an issue if between the pair of you there is not sufficient for food to eat properly.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

why the hell not? what does it matter what your salary is compared to hers? ridiculous. it's not a deal breaker... as long as you can pay half of whatever rent situation you have together. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

That's about what my late wife was making and around what I was making at the time we married. We  were together for 27 happy years, before she passed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Most would, some wouldn't. Amazing, right?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.