Define the word, "vessel". What is a "vessel" person?

This is the dictionary's definition of a "vessel":-

"a person regarded as a holder or receiver of something, especially something nonmaterial: a vessel of grace; a vessel of wrath."

By definition, a "vessel" is any person who is a holder or receiver of something nonmaterial, such as the Gospel message of God's Kingdom.

However, the rest of the world that did not receive the Gospel message are not "vessels", by definition.

But Romans 9:21-23 provides a universal definition of "vessels", which is applicable to all people, irrespective of whether or not they have received the Gospel message.

Consequently, the dictionary definition of "vessel" does not concur with the Bible's definition in Romans 9:21-23.

Therefore, the dictionary's definition is wholly inadequate to describe the Biblical definition of a "vessel".

Because the dictionary's definition is only applicable to certain people, but the Biblical definition is a universal one which is applicable to all people.

Ultimately, the Bible's definition is far more suitable, useful and appropriate than the dictionary one in terms of exegesis and the hermeneutics of the "clay vessels" in Romans 9:21-23.

True or false?

Update:

Edit: However, the rest of the world that did not receive the Gospel message are not "vessels" at all, by definition.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

"I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT IN YOU AND (((CAUSE))) YOU TO OBEY MY COMMANDMENTS" (EZEKIEL 36:27).

"So that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work" (II Timothy 3:17)!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Think of it asacock full of semen . A submarine is long hard and full of seamen .

that too 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.