?
Lv 4
? asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

What is your favorite Chevy Chase movie and why? How would you rate him on 1 bad actor to 10 a stunning actor?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

"Caddyshack"  has several comedians. Rodney Dangerfield and Ted Knight steal the show with their Slob Versus Snob routine with Chevy Chase and Bill Murray well behind them. I give Chevy a mid-range score. 

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

My favorite was Seems Like Old Times.

• 2 months ago

Fletch,has to be his best movie and performance.  Vacation was funnier, but it was more of an ensemble effort, and Chase was asked to show less range in it.

In general, Chase isn't much of an actor, and even his comedy is very narrow.  Like there are some comedians that I think you could put in ANY comedic movie and they'd be good.  Chase wasn't that.  He needs to play cocky characters.  Whether the character's overconfidence is merited or not doesn't matter, but the character needs a certain cockyness to him.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Fletch, it was a movie written to take advantage of his strength as a comedic actor.  As an actor he's a bit hit and miss.  If he has the right script he's one of the best, if not, he's not that good. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

🥴 Caddy Shack II

Nothing but Trouble

National Lampoons Vegas Vaca

He's great. A subtle comedian. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.