?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Why do you feel that masks being mandatory violates your rights?

It's obviously a deadly disease. Churches have become super-spreaders regardless of the SCOTUS releasing some of those restrictions. Even if you have Covid-19 you are welcome to spread this disease, making others sick and killings others because you have certain inalienable rights because you don't have to wear a mask. I have about 300,000 deaths to help with my point but I am curious why you think masks should not be mandatory. 

Ummm You phucking idiot comes to mind. Why don't I think it violates my rights? When my right endangers the life or lives of others that right is no longer a right but instead something that could KILL another person. You're so dmnd stupid for even asking that question. But you are obviously a coward who doesn't feel their own worth. My name is anonymous  but I am too stupid and scared to show myself. If you speak with confidence you wouldn't hide behind that stupid mask. Yep, phuck you too. 

You must have me confused with someone else.  I never said masks violate my rights.

Interesting use of the English language.  Ever wonder why you lose each and every argument

Once the best argument you can make is calling people "dmnd stupid" and "phucking idiots," you lose the argument.  You'll learn that in senior high.

Yes, your name is anonymous because you are too stupid and scared to show yourself.  No one is disagreeing.

This rant IS a nice change to your questions about how to cook broccoli and how to prepare a tuna casserole.

I look at it this way. COVID-19 is natural selection for intelligence. It kills off mainly Trump supporters and people at BLM riots.

• xyzzy

Why have we just started wearing masks? Since 2010 an average of 37,700 people died each year of the flu according to the CDC. According to John Hopkins in the US there have been12,883,264 confirmed cases resulting in 263,454 deaths, making the current death rate of 2% or to look at it another way 98% of the people who get Covid will survive it. Is it dangerous? Yes. Is it deadly? Hardly.

• Robert

I think it is probably a good idea to require masks inside public buildings or all kinds until the Chinese weaponized flu is controlled.   If for the public good  you can ban smoking in private buildings, you can certainly require masks to protect other people.  If you want to protect your rights, stop using your seat belt.  That effects only you and no one else.  Not wearing a mask can effect hundreds.  

• TB12

I don't.

I don't see how rules about wearing a mask in public places are any different than rules against smoking in public places.

And as of yet no one has provided a legitimate answer as to how it's a violation of your rights, so you put on a mask for a few minutes while you run into the store,, how is that a violation of your rights.

Why do you feel it doesn't?   Whether you like it or not people have the right to risk their own life even without Covid. And everything we do affects others so that's not an excuse to violate people's rights.  Make them required in public businesses and govt offices but not outdoors.  It doesn't matter what you feel about it it's a violation of basic civil rights. If you don't like having rights move to a communist country where they have no such rights.  I agree that we should all (voluntarily) do what's necessary, I don't agree with invoking totalitarianism and Communism or mob rule to make it happen.