Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

Are these boots inappropriate for office work?

I usually wear heels to the office and they range from a 3" to 3.5" heel. These boots have a 4.5" heel, but I would love to wear them since the weather is getting colder and I love how they look and feel when I wear them. Are these boots inappropriate for an office setting? Here's a picture of me wearing one of them(sorry for the blur)

Attachment image

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

only if you wear pants long enough to cover most of the heel. I can't begin to imagine walking around in those for 8 hours. you're ruining your feet. you'll regret it 10 years from now. 

• 2 months ago

if your in an area where its cold they should be ok

• 2 months ago

'Are these boots inappropriate for an office setting?'

Yes, they are!

• Cee
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

OH&S may have issues with the safety aspect.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Are you going to be sitting in an office chair in front of a screen for 8 hours a shift?  Also, what is the weather like where you live, and how do you get to work?  You might find it useful to have two pairs of shoes, one which you use for walking in and one in your locker you use for your actual shift.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

yes ........................

• 2 months ago

I work in a large office.  I see women with heels like that every day.  The only negative comments come from jealous women who can't wear heels like that.  You're fine. 

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

they look appropriate they just look rather uncomfortable for wearing for a 8 hour shift

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Stripper wear - such as those silly, impractical heels - are not appropriate for office workers . . . . as I hope you know.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"Office work"?  I would think that depends on what type of office. I work in a medical office and they would not be appropriate for any of the employees. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I consider the shoes you ordinarily wear to work inappropriate. Nobody needs a heel that high to look polished and professional, not even if you're short. That single wardrobe choice can literally count against you if, for instance, they're ever looking for people who belong in management.

So going even higher is silly and probably uncomfortable. Save it for your social life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.