Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

I sometimes have insomnia due to my anxiety disorder..how can I get better sleep?

On a typical night I do get some sleep ( like 4 hours) but I'm struggling with fatigue and it can be difficult for me to function during the day. Any suggestions on what I can do?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

What helped me was a hard workout before sleep. Don’t drink coffee past 5 pm. But the best would be taking clonazopam or seroquel before bed time. Usually helps for sleep 

• 2 months ago

The famous Mayo Clinic has an article on insomnia online, It says home remedies work as well as sleeping pills. The video under Source sums up the article. 

I have information about anxiety in my answers. Treatments range from simple stress management to therapy and medication. Don't overlook stress management, which can help even with very bad anxiety.

One of the best things for stress because of its simplicity and effectiveness is therapeutic breathing. Use of a slow breathing exercise at bedtime is a very good way to get calm if you're using bedtime as your "worry zone." Details about this and other things that help with stress and anxiety here -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

Youtube thumbnail

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

take a 20min walk after dinner......it'll help

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you still don't have insomnia

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.