Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Is it true that the nutritional information isn't 100% accurate on packaging?

I just that is could be over 50 calories off. I already didn't eat baked goods as I figured there is room for inaccuracies there, but would the same apply for cereal bars, microwave meals and crackers? Should i decresase my daily allowance for this? 

*I just read

• Lisa
    Favorite Answer

Certainly the nutritional information isn't going to be 100% accurate, but almost always it is going to be very close.  The reason why it won't be 100% accurate is, for instance, because you will miss a few crumbs here or there.  And, when the product is made, the processing may allow a tiny bit more of this and a tiny bit less of that into the package.  

However, very few items will be as much as 50 calories off.  It is much more likely that these food items would be 5 or 10 calories off. And, while sometimes the product might be 5 or 10 calories higher, just as often the product will be 5 or 10 calories lower.  You have no way of knowing.  

What you should know, however, is that 5 or 10 calories here or there, whether they make what you eat higher or lower, will not make any difference.  The calories will all balance out in the end.  This is not something to worry about.  Ultimately, it makes absolutely no difference.  

Good luck to you!

The reason the nutrition info is wrong is you have to eat the packaging.