Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 2 months ago

Do we even need The Simpsons anymore?

The Simpsons was created as a parody of the family-centered sitcoms of the 80s like The Cosby Show.  Since sitcoms like that aren't on the air anymore, do we still need The Simpsons?

It has nothing to do with need.  It's about can it still attract viewers.

And even though I stopped watching the Simpsons about 15 years ago, it still pulls in viewers today.

I frequently quote some of the older episodes, because they just had so many good lines.  Among my favorite quotes:

1.  "I'd like to buy your deadliest gun please."

2.  “I felt this incredible surge of power, like God must feel when He’s holding a gun,”

3.  "I’ll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one.”

While I disagree with you that those shows aren't on anymore, because they are (Goldbergs, Young Sheldon, Modern Family,  Man with a plan, many others) I do agree that simpsons should end. Its not funny or interesting anymore and the viewership gets worse every year. I even read online that they couldn't afford to keep it on anymore because of the rising costs of commercials and animation, so the main cast took a massive pay cut to keep it going. Just end it at that point.