Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 2 months ago

Do we even need The Simpsons anymore?

The Simpsons was created as a parody of the family-centered sitcoms of the 80s like The Cosby Show.  Since sitcoms like that aren't on the air anymore, do we still need The Simpsons?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

It has nothing to do with need.  It's about can it still attract viewers.

And even though I stopped watching the Simpsons about 15 years ago, it still pulls in viewers today.

I frequently quote some of the older episodes, because they just had so many good lines.  Among my favorite quotes:

1.  "I'd like to buy your deadliest gun please."

2.  “I felt this incredible surge of power, like God must feel when He’s holding a gun,”

3.  "I’ll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one.”

• 2 months ago

While I disagree with you that those shows aren't on anymore, because they are (Goldbergs, Young Sheldon, Modern Family,  Man with a plan, many others) I do agree that simpsons should end. Its not funny or interesting anymore and the viewership gets worse every year. I even read online that they couldn't afford to keep it on anymore because of the rising costs of commercials and animation, so the main cast took a massive pay cut to keep it going. Just end it at that point. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.