Do we even need The Simpsons anymore?
The Simpsons was created as a parody of the family-centered sitcoms of the 80s like The Cosby Show. Since sitcoms like that aren't on the air anymore, do we still need The Simpsons?
- Uncle PennybagsLv 72 months ago
It has nothing to do with need. It's about can it still attract viewers.
And even though I stopped watching the Simpsons about 15 years ago, it still pulls in viewers today.
I frequently quote some of the older episodes, because they just had so many good lines. Among my favorite quotes:
1. "I'd like to buy your deadliest gun please."
2. “I felt this incredible surge of power, like God must feel when He’s holding a gun,”
3. "I’ll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one.”
- Steve GuyLv 62 months ago
While I disagree with you that those shows aren't on anymore, because they are (Goldbergs, Young Sheldon, Modern Family, Man with a plan, many others) I do agree that simpsons should end. Its not funny or interesting anymore and the viewership gets worse every year. I even read online that they couldn't afford to keep it on anymore because of the rising costs of commercials and animation, so the main cast took a massive pay cut to keep it going. Just end it at that point.