Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Is it better to be noticed or just do your job well but remain “under the radar?” Why?

• ?

i would just try to do a good job

I preferred to just do my job to the best of my ability But someone kept

recommending me for Awards On One occasion I had no Knowledge until I was called out on a Monthly parade and received a Commanding Officers citation

It is better to be noticed for the right reasons - such as a willingness to tackle tough jobs.  Maybe you won't get promoted, but there IS such a thing as a step-raise within rank.  That has happened to me more than once.

• Foofa

Depends on your longterm goals. You won't get a promotion if you blend in with the crowd... But you're less likely to get fired if you just do your job and keep your head down. 

• Jerry

If you're seeking promotion then you have to stand out enough for your superiors to know who you are. If your goal is simply to keep the job and avoid drama, then just keep your head down and do your job. 

• JJ

Just do your job to the best of your ability, which will draw the attention of the supervisor or manager