is true, Babe Ruth is the best baseball player of all time?

that belongs to pete rose

• Mike W

Best of all time, is a pretty bold claim.  I'd go with one of the best, and one of the most versatile.  He's the only player in history, so far as I know, who has both an ERA title and a Batting title.  As a power hitter he has a lifetime .342 batting average (10th all time), and came close to hitting .400 one season.  

He won World Series games as a pitcher before he became the Yankees' HR legend. No one else in the HOF has that sort of resume, so, yes, I think he would be considered the best all-round player the game has ever seen.

• Kathy

For many people that it is true.

Yeah, that's why his number should have been retired by every team years ago. The Babe was bigger than the game itself.

Is true.                 

When you consider that he was on a trajectory to Cooperstown as a pitcher until his hitting made him an everyday player, I would say that, combined with everything else he did, puts him ahead of the competition.