Maxwell asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

Is anyone else sick of mask and stupid lockdowns?

I rather just risk my life of dying. And people say it's not about me, but I could kill millions of others. Newsflash, it's also the other person's fault if they catch it and die, cuz they didn't follow lockdown rules either, hence why they caught it, since they have to not wear mask and/or not social distance to catch it. It takes 2 to tango. 

If people don't want to catch it, then stay home and lock yourself up like bubble boy, then go broke and homeless. Others should be able to go out if they want. And Covid has a 99percent survival rate anyway. But even if it still kills me, oh well. I rather die than keep locking down. 

Favorite Answer

Yes we are all sick of it , and there be way more lockdowns thanks to sleepy joe . 

Survival rate of this virus is 99% , if you are at risk , take extra steps , stay at home but don’t expect others to do the same . 

All are sick of masks and lock downs but we are tolerating  all these because that is the only known way to keep the pandemic under check.Do you have any better suggestion .

qqAmericans are dying like flies because too many are too childish to cooperate with a reasonable quarantine.The pandemic is almost over in China because Chinese people are mature enough to cooperate and do not act like spoiled children.

If it saves Lives then I will comply

I went to Africa and was told yellow fever is compulsory, so I got the Jab 

The purpose of the mask is to slow down the virus so the hospitals can keep up with the number of really sick patients. 

There are more than 90,000 Covid patients in US hospitals right now, today. Hopefully more will cover than those who don't. Also, nurses and doctors are getting it due to repeated exposure. The mask acts as a filter so that if you get exposed to the virus, you will only get a mild case and not end up in the hospital. The more virus you are exposed to, the more likely you will get a bad case. That's the way it works. Also, that if you have the virus and you're not symptomatic, that you don't give a severe case to someone else and they end up in the hospital. Just because you don't have a severe case, doesn't mean you can't cause someone else's case to be severe. 

Yes, it sucks, but if you're moving about in the world, wear the damn mask. 

With the massive increase with Covid as a result of the many people travelling for Thanksgiving in the US, does indeed highlight the importance of lockdowns. Stop acting like a big baby and acknowledge the need of 'stupid lockdowns' to keep people SAFE.

Don't get me wrong, I am sick of this virus and I am sick of having to take all these precautions, however, I choose to take precautions because right now it is our duty to till the vaccine comes and this is over. God wants us to love and protect one another by taking the precautions to stop the spread of the virus. I bet you there wouldn't be half as many cases as there are now if people would just listen to the rules and only go out when they have to work, go shopping, go to doctor appointments, or help other people. And I think it is very selfish of you to say you'd rather risk it and die than stay in a bubble. I think you should just be greatful you're even alive and that this isn't going to be forever and we only have to do this till it's over. Just like Leah said, it's not all about you, it's about everybody. So next time you're feeling this way, think about what ignoring the precautions would do not just to yourself but to your family and friends and all who love you. Would you want to die and have your family and friends grieving because they lost you? And would you want to risk giving the virus to all sorts of people and have other people get sick and die? 

Many people who "survive" did so after spending days or weeks in the hospital.  Hospitals are easily overwhelmed by the number of patients they are getting even with the majority of people doing the right things.  

And what about your family - do you have any older parents or grandparents that you would put at risk.  I guess you are planning to not visit them until there is a vaccine and they have taken it.  

Of course I am sick of it.  But I will NOT risk bringing the disease home to my family.  I am an "essential worker" and have been working during this entire mess.  In fact, I have worked more hours this year than any other year since the company I work for is a major supplier of soaps and hand sanitizers to hospitals.  

We have not had a meal in a restaurant since this started.  (we do carry-out only).  We have not taken any kind of vacation or trip this year (and we usually would do at least one per year).  And - yes - I am bored and sick and tired of not being able to do anything - but it won't last forever and if EVERYONE would do the right things - this would have been better by now.  But whiny little babies like you keep the virus going.

You are selfish.  We call cannot stay home.  Some of us are essential workers and have to work 1) to pay the bills and feed the family and 2) because if we don't show up at work, we will be fired.  People do what they can to avoid contracting covid.  Many of us have been successful so far, me included, but some of us are not so lucky.  Some people just slipped up.  They did protect themselves but they either slipped up or, they were not "adequately" protected.  A bad case could infect people in the eyes, for example, and people with health issues already, are more apt to contract it.  Some people are to blame, but not everybody.  Further, you are not educated about the virus so don't make stupid remarks.  A survival rate does not address the lifelong health issues that follow.  Some people who contracted it in February and March are still very ill, too ill to work and have breathing difficulty.  Lifelong illness as a result is not something to ho hum about.

It's easier just to shoot people on sight that have no mask on. It's not only about survival rate. There are hospitalizations and permanent effects. Recovery isn't always 100% full. And, you're out of date. Masks help the wearer also. People wearing masks had a far higher percentage of asymptomatic infection. By partially blocking the virus from getting to you, it is close to effectiveness of a vaccine, yet to be released.

Often, it is up to business owners to enforce. If they state you cannot enter without a mask, you are trespassing when not wearing one.

Buy a nicer mask, and get used to it. You're part of the reason this goes on for months. Republican US States now have a higher per capita infection rate.

• jijawm

I'd rather die sliding into home than spend my life in a bubble.