Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

How do you Senior Citizen's feel about death and the unknown which may come after it that still renain's a mystery to this day?

The unknown part about death doesn't concern me.

My belief that life and death is far too complicated to describe and yet quite simple to understand for some and yet very to hard to understand by others. It just depends on how each individual wants life and death to be. If you are religious, you believe most of the stuff preached to you on Sunday. If you are an atheist, you just skip the middle man.

Firstly, I wish that you understood the purpose of an apostrophe (that little comma ' placed above the line).  Plurals do not need an apostrophe (as you used in the word citizens), nor is one needed in the word remains (which you also spelled incorrectly).

I am comfortable about the fact that I will, almost certainly, die within the next few years.  I am old and very unwell and it's natural for people like me to die - leaving a place on earth for a member of the next generation to occupy for a period of time. I also believe that the place where I shall dwell after death will be far better than it is here and now.  YOU need to consider where you will spend eternity rather than worrying about the fact that, one day, you will dwell 'somewhere else'.  Hell will not be a barrel of laughs.

Not all senior citizens are as comfortable with the thought of dying as I am but some others are and, as it will happen anyway, what's the point in worrying about it?

YOUR biggest challenge, whilst still alive on planet earth, is to master the language of the country in which you live - learning how to spell and punctuate etc. so that you can be better understood.You won't wish to live to be 90 and still not know how to use your native tongue accurately.

• ?

The only thing I think about when I think about death is that it will be a good thing I'm dead. 

When they check my laptop and find that I've been using Yahoo Answers, I would be embarrassed to death if I wasn't already  dead. 

Source(s): Note to family: It's all your fault. Note to Y!A: Thanks for the memories. btw, my family will be laughing, they know I love them. Note to @New Rule: Death is nothing to worry about. I've been there a couple times and revived. If that was hell, I could spend eternity there. One of the things I remember about the experience is that I wasn't thinking about my life here. Where I was was all good, nothing to fear. I suggest you try to enjoy your life here as much as you can, while you still can. I suggest you start by telling everyone you love that you love them because you won't be able to when you are dead. I call where I was "Heaven" because DT wasn't there ;)
  • ?

I don't think that my death is very far away and am not worried about it at all.  My family are worried though.  As a born-again Christian I believe that I will, immediately, be with my Lord.  IF I am wrong about that and that there will be some holding place for the dead until the second coming of Christ, well that's O.K. with me also.  Whatever happens and regardless of how it all happens it will be done according the the wishes of our Creator.  That is all we need to know.  If you believe that you are honouring God and Jesus in this life I'm certain that we will dwell with them for eternity so what is there to fear?

If there are many things that you know need to be put right then pray and ask God to help you put them right.  When you've died it will be too late to correct anything.

Personally, I'm opposed to it.

Aside from my faith, you are right, it is unknown.  But tomorrow is unknown too.  I'm getting tired of tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creeping in, and things keep happening and I can't get any rest.  So I'm not worried about death.

• ?

I don't think there's any reason to worry about it, because it's going to happen in spite of anything that can be done to prevent it from happening.  I only hope my death is peaceful.

I put my faith in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior many years ago, so no worries. 

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
  • kswck2

Death is death, plain and simple. No getting away from it.