Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 2 months ago

Would any of you senior citizen's consider my great grandma from adoptive dad's side who was born in I9I5 apart of your generation?

NO.  A generation is between 20-25 years.  She would be part of my fathers generation.

• kswck2

That would make her 105 years old. A Generation can be about 20 years. 

• drip

No, not at all. Even my parents were born years after that.

To be part of someone else's generation we'd have to be reasonably close in age.  A generation is usually considered to be about 20 years.  I was born in 1943.  Someone born in 1915 would have been part of my parents generation as they were born in 1912 and 1917.

By the way, 'apart' and 'a part' have two different meanings. 'Apart' means 'separated from' whereas 'a part' means 'a portion or section' of something larger. You needed to say 'a part'. I say that to help, not to criticize.

No, I'm not THAT senior.  That would be my parents' generation.  

• ?

No, she would be a generation ahead of mine.  I was born in the 1930's.

• Judith

No.  She wouldn't even be a part of my mother's generation.  My mother is 94.  She belongs to the generation one step earlier than my mothers.

not part of mine, but maybe my mothers era, she was born in 1917 and has just turned 103, i'm from the following generation born 1945. 

No.  I'm a baby boomer (born after WW2).   Congratulations to your grandma making it to 105!  That's quite rare!   We may have one or two on here in their early 80s but even that's too young to be of her generation.  

• Zirp

Chat-questions are not allowed here.

It's safe to assume that most of us were born at least one generation after WW1

please learn the difference between "apart" and "a part"