Are there so many boomerang Poms because they are sold a lie about Australia?

I'm not going to lie, Australia has an amazing marketing team. A total of 1.3 million British citizens live in Australia. That doesn't paint the whole picture though. A staggering 3 million Brits worked in Australia in the past decade but 1.7 million moved back to the UK. Australia obviously wasn't as great as the TV adverts claimed.

More British citizens should come to Qatar. In 1980, the British made up almost half of the population here, now we barely make up 2%. Come to Qatar British people, you will earn in a month what the average Australian has to slave away for five months to make. 

No doubt the British expats are carrying Australia.

That's why we call then whinging poms, they complain it's too hot, well if you can't stand the heat than get back to where you came from, so they do, glad to see the back of their pasty bodies, no one likes a whinger. the ones that stay are ok.

You didn't answer me about how you can live in a country that treats women like criminals, what do you do, turn a blind eye because you have no conscience. how low can you get.

Boomerang Poms RUBBISH

I told my Mother i would come back to live for a short Time in London after I Retire

well my Mother has passed so I have no reason to go back to live but I still might because I can

Your entire life is a pathetic lie

I would reckon that most of them only had working visas and had to return home half wit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=maximum+length+of+...

No there are so many British because they know Australia is a better place . The Irish are the same they are going to Australia in large numbers but no complaints fom me i am happy to have them they are good Christians 

• ?

I knew a British family who have gone back to England at least 4 times as they miss family, but when they get there after a few months realized life was so much better here and came back.  in the end the father and son stayed here and the mother and daughter went back to England.  Many British came to Australia when England had massive war bills from WW2 to pay and I believe it was only in 1996 they had paid off all their WW2 debts.  Up until the late 1990s Australia gave them a much more prosperous life although I think things have improved a lot in the last 30 years there.  I remember a guy who came out to Australia in the 1970s who was amazed at how much richer we were here.  Many of those who go back to England to live I think do it to move back to relatives and to retire.

It is a fact that Australia has one of the best living standards in the world and highest wages so I doubt they are leaving to go back to a better life as the fact is life in Australia is hard to beat.