Andrew asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

If there was a meal that contained everything you need to be healthy, could you eat it every day?

If you theoretically had one meal that contained all the amounts of nutrients that you need and the rights amount of calories, could you eat it every day at every meal? If yes, is it possible to create such a meal regardless of taste?

Now to a more realistic question, if I want to be really healthy, could I create a healthy meal plan that has a duration of two weeks to one month, and just repeat it forever? Or is it better to have more variety?

• Andy C

It doesn't exist because we need so much, but the answer is unequivocally yes. 

Once learning the truth about fat gain and loss, I ate tuna wraps on whole wheat for 3+ years and I STILL am eating the same breakfast as I have been for 5 years.

I no longer live to eat.  I now only eat to live, and food never tasted so good before I ditched added sugars and white flour products. 

I've tried a "repeat" diet just to save money... but it didn't happen since the palate really desires variety for me - since I have such a strict diet.

On the other side of the coin I more avoid stuff that might spike levels of bad stuff in my system more than I seek to obsess over making sure all of the DV% are fulfilled.

One could take a multivitamin to compensate anyway. 

• Barry

Yes. But we are hard wired to desire variation in meals.