Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

Am I doing wrong if I plan to get baptized even though I'm gay?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

1 Corinthians 6:9

Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality,

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Water baptism can never get you to heaven (1 Cor. 1:17). Homosexuality is a sin that can be cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Paul
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Of course not. Homosexuality is a psychosocial disorder, not a sin. The one Church Jesus Christ founded, to which He promised the fullness of God's truth until the end of time, has many homosexual members in good standing. They life their lives as God calls them to live, just like the heterosexual members. Sexual orientation is not a moral issue, since it is not freely chosen. Sexual behavior is a moral issue, regardless of one's orientation.

• 3 months ago

Of course you wouldn't be doing wrong.  I know a gay priest and a gay monk.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Not if you have trusted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and confessed  all known sin to  God, asking Him  to forgive you.  

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
  • BJ
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You cannot be a Christian being gay, follow Paul's advice.

Apostle Paul said that is what some of you were, showing that they had changed their lifestyle.

1 Cor. 6:9-11: Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men will inherit God’s kingdom. And yet that is what some of you were.

Regardless of such a background, if persons abandon their former unclean practices, apply God’s righteous standards, and exercise faith in his provision for forgiveness of sins through Christ, they can enjoy a clean standing before God.   

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

You are not doing anything wrong if you are planning it. 

God is actual, and lives on a scale of 'existence'.

Trivial and superficial routines like baptism may relieve

your conscience, but your emergence from water as if you

are symbolically imitating your birth when you emerged from

your mother after her water broke, is very, very, pathetic. 

If you think for one minute that God wants to see that 

kind of folly performed in "his" name, go ahead. Have at it. 

• 3 months ago

What kind? Water-Baptism or Baptism by Holy-Fire? 

What they teach in church won't accomplish anything. 

The truth is all humans who have ever risen from the

dead and become Immortal mastered use of Fires 

of the Holy Spirit. They are the balls of Fire that appeared

on Pentecost-Day. 

Saints use it to channel angels and cast out demons; 

work with councils in Hollow-Earth; they perform miracles

and develop Oneness with Christ. Service (or Seva) is 

also a key aspect for the Initiate. 

My understanding is the main colors of the Holy Spirit 

are gold, silvery-white and violet purple while other

colors serve different purposes. It's really that not big of a deal. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Being gay is different from practicing homosexuality. You can’t become a catholic if you practice homosexuality. If you are born catholic and want to practice that lifestyle, you can’t receive communion

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

No? It was my understanding that the Catholic Church loves and accepts all people regardless of their sexual orientation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.