Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Need advice on how to deal with my girlfriend's behavior?

I don't know if she is right or wrong and I don't know how to help her. We have argued really badly after one day we met hater aunt at the supermarket. Her aunt was really friendly and happy to see her but my girlfriend's face turned black, literally the moment she saw her. She answered only with 'fine' at her questions and when she asked her why she didn't visit them since years she just answered that she didn't feel like to. Her aunt's expression changed so much but she was still genuinely friendly and when she wanted to hug her after my girlfriend shook her head and made her understand she didn't want to. Her aunt was really sad but she also stayed friendly the whole time. After she went my girlfriend broke down crying and when I asked her why she was so cold with the aunt she just said 'you wouldn't understand'. Some days later she told me she was jealous that she had been treated really bad when she lived in her old town because she was foreign while the kids of her aunt were treated like other kids because she had married a local man. She told me one doesn't forget such things easily and with her behavior she wanted to make her feel as bad as she always felt for all that time. We argued cause I told her she behaved in the wring way with her and since then she argues with me, avoids me and doesn't want to hear my explanations. 

Apologise for telling her her behaviour is wrong. 

• Helen

Your girlfriend needs a therapist. 

She's wrong to blame her aunt for other people's racism but I don't advise telling her so unless you're looking to become single...

• Ana

Tell her not to blame her aunt for her mom being a race-mixing sl*ut. That isn’t her aunts fault. Your girlfriend is stupid and blaming the wrong person. Her aunt sounds like a sweet kind-hearted person, why blame her? Why doesn’t she grow some balls and be mean to the actual people who judged her? She shouldn’t be mean to her aunt when her aunt did nothing, that’s cowardly 

Stay out of it and act like nothing ever happened.