Do we end up with our soulmate or do we have to settle for something else?

I don’t know if you guys believe in soulmates but is there one person you can’t get over if you don’t end up with? Someone you find perfect in every way and would do anything to be with them but it just didn’t workout so you just gotta live to learn without them? Do you think we end up meeting someone else who tops that and makes us forget about the other person or there will always be someone we will never forget and have feelings for?

• T J

With a divorce rate of over 50%, I do not think we all find that soulmate.

I think there will always be someone we will never forget and always have feelings for, but I don't think there's just one person out there for us. The world is such a big place and there are so many people on it that the thought of there only being one person out there who is my perfect match is a little dark and sad. The odds of me meeting this person would be somewhere between slim and none. If you fall deep enough in love with someone, have a sufficient amount in common, get along, live and work well together, I think they could become your definition of what a soulmate is. We're obviously not going to get along with everyone so I think that there's a good amount of people out there well suited to be your specific soulmate. No settling needed.

• Helen

There will always be someone you never forget.

That's not to say they're your soulmate.

If anything, chances are they're definitely not or you would have ended up together.

You have choice of who, what, where, why and how. This might take you to your soul mate, but then again, you're subject to outside influence.

settle. there are no "soulmates"