Doorpath asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

if you have hyperthyrodism, will you need to take medications for the rest of your life?

I have some symptoms consistent with hyperthyrodism.  I am super anxious and edgy all the time and I suffer from extreme insomnia.  I have only gotten about 4 hrs. of sleep on average since mid-March.  I used to think it was due to Covid-19 anxiety, but looking back I started having sleeping problems back in December of 2019.  My biggest issue is sleep maintenance.  It started with me waking up early in the morning (7-8 AM) and got progressively worse.  Right now, I always wake up about 2-4 hours after falling asleep in a super agitated/edgy state and I can't get back to sleep no matter how hard I try.  Furthermore, I don't feel tired (sleepy) like you would expect.  I just feel physically and mentally fatigued beyond words.  It's like my need for sleep has been reduced.  It's sort of like I'm experiencing a drawn-out episode of dysphoric mania.  Besides this, I am not really experiencing other obvious symptoms.  Mentally I seem to be fine.  My BP is normal.  My heart-rate is normal.  I have not lost weight.  Could it be thyroid issues?

You need to get blood work done to know if you have it but I got diagnosed with hypothyroidism because of my lithium and once I stopped talking lithium my hypothyroidism went away. I hate taking meds but if you have to it’s no big deal. But thyroid and hypothyroidism are in the same family but still kind of different from eachother thyroid alone you take pills for a bit than stop hypothyroidism is where you take pills for ever 

• ?

All thyroid problems are connected with fluoride poisoning and a lack of iodine. I would look out for a doctor like Brownstein.

Yes. Not a big deal. One little pill.  I have hypothyroidism and have been taking a pill for 30+ years.