East
East asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 2 months ago

Who is the nicest European king or queen?

Kings and queens could be nasty and selfish people because they were born into their position and it can’t be taken away from them very easily.

But who is the nicest European king or queen?

For myself the Dutch Royal family appear to be very nice human beings. 

King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima and their three daughters appear to be a very popular royal family .  The sort of people who will talk to anyone, go out to work , live like normal human beings. 

Yes!! King Willem-Alexander goes out to work. He is an airline pilot for KLM/Maartinair.  So if you are on one of their flights ; 'This is your captain speaking' , it could be 'King Willem-Alexander.  The king's brother Prins Constantijn also goes out to work. Regret to say that their third sibling Prins Friso  died in a skiing accident . 

You could possibly casually pass them in the street in Amsterdam/Den Haag on a shopping trip. 

When did Queen Elizabeth (II) last do that, or President Trump or President elect Biden. 

I don't know if it was Europaean or Americish but the nicest king I know was the one from the "Puss in boots"!

• King Willem-Alexander is supposed to be quite down-to-earth. He worked for a while as a KLM pilot.

@Foofa needs to have a wee look at an atlas - may help her to distinguish between Andorra and Monaco. 

• Clo

Elizabeth II is known for her decency.

• Foofa

I've only ever met one, just a Prince actually although the titular ruler of his nation. He wasn't all that polite, which is why I won't name his casino friendly micro state that sits between France and Spain ;-)

As a Brit I am going to say that Queen Elizbeth II is the best and nicest European Queen.  Although I also had a soft spot for King Olaf of Norway born 1903 died 1991.

Most kings and queens can afford to be nice for the same reasons you have given. The politicians seem to be the nasty ones.

Queen Sonja is the most well-known and popular around the globe 

Queen Margarethe of Denmark is pretty well regarded.

Never met any of them but I would say Queen Elizabeth the second by a very long way with Charles a very close second