Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

How do I stop listening for the sound of someone who's no longer here?  It haunts my dreams 😢?

Favorite Answer

You have not said, "Good-bye" to this person, so he or she stays in your mind and heart.  That's okay.  Keep a warm place in your heart for them.  But learn to live your own Life.  You don't tell us if this person has died or left a relationship, so it is hard to give specific advice on this subject. There are certain things you can do to make it easier on yourself. I wish you well. 

Idk this may help tho. I remember hearing somewhere that ghosts supposedly can visit us in our dreams. If they are in the spirit realm waiting to move on. I wouldn’t doubt the possibility. You cannot say for sure it is real. You can say tho that it is for sure 100 percent possible to be true and real. Maybe you could try praying to god and stuff and asking for comfort and help to get over it. 

• Carmen

Time heals everything. Pray for peace of mind and a calm heart. Memories last a lifetime cherish yours and pray for courage to move forward without forgetting the person. 

• ?

I dont think anyone can answer that. It kinda has to creep up on you I guess. 

Like a distraction.

There's a great book - Authoritative Guide to Self-Help Resources for Mental Health. It's based on polls of more than 3,000 mental health professionals. The book recommended above all for break-ups and grief is How to Survive the Loss of a Love.