Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 2 months ago

Why do people who watch anime think they know everything about Japan?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

the common misconception between weebs and otakus.......Heres an example.

weebs: watch anime, alot of it, and really enjoy it, maybe wanna go to japan, but not because of the culture.

Otakus: watch anime, maybe not, but definitely some sort of japanese media, JDramas, Music, etc. Otakus study and learn about japanese culture, and its the reason they want to go to badly. But if you know an otaku, dont get mad they know more than you, just accept it :)

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
  • 2 months ago

What?????????? Who says that?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

omg i know right! jesus. this reminds me of my friend. just because she watches anime, she wears those stupid colored contacts, learning japanese, only talks about anime. no idea what the fck she's talking about nor do i care. she's white. she thinks she looks asian and tries sooo hard. also she's a little old to be into this. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Oh, you must be hanging around retards. Because I watch anime and I barely know anything about Japan.

• 2 months ago

Don't know who those "people" are.  But if there really are such people they are misinformed.  On the other hand, there is a lot to learn from these Japanese produced movies.  "Japan Sinks" is a Japanese anime that is filled with Japanese culture and biases.  For example, there is a Japanese boat captain who refuses to take "a foreigner" aboard his ship in a rescue operation.  That's the first indication of racial bias that I've ever seen about Japanese.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.