Lily asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 3 months ago

Can I cook Mac and cheese recipe in crockpot for 4 hours and then put in the oven for 30?

I want to add breadcrumbs to the top after cooking in the crockpot and then bake it for 30 minutes.  Will this be okay to do? 

If you're fine with eating MUSH. Mac and cheese doesn't hold up well to long cooking.

• denise

You could do, but does it need 4 hours in the crockpot?

Put it in a wider / shallow oven container while cooking in the oven, to give a bigger surface area for the crumbs. 

• ?

Sure you can but your macaroni will be mush when it comes out of the oven. Mac and cheese usually only takes 2-3 hours in the crockpot. I would remove it from the crockpot 45 minutes early if I wanted to bake it as well. Depending on the size of your noodles it could take less than 2. 

Slow cooked pasta sounds just mushy and wrong.

And why would you want to waste four hours putting it in the crock pot?   Just bake it in the oven like a normal person.

????

• kswck2

You can, but it does seem like a lot of time to take up so much space on the counter top. Maybe just better off doing it in a large pot and then finishing in the oven.