Moving Out December 1st?

Hello Everyone, im looking to move out this december 1st,  live in a basement apartment. I pay month to month and didnt sign a lease. 

I used my landlord as a reference and she told him im always late on the rent (which is not true) and a cannot trust her as a good reference. I'd rather pay my new landlord the money and not pay her on time seeing as " im always late ". 

My current landlord doesnt know yet that ive been accpeted to a place. she was avoiding contact with me. i tried to call and text her.Do i still need to give 60 days notice? What are your thoughts?

I live in Ontario Canada, I've read that I must give 60 days notice ( im paying for december, ive already paid for january when i first moved in). I'm giving her notice before december 1st. I've asked to e-transfer her my rent and she declined. I even told her if i should give her written notice, and she denied.

I have text messages telling her i have my rent.

When I first moved in, i negotiated with her to decrease my rent and i wouldnt claim it on my taxes. I was in need of a place ASAP.

You are legally required to give a proper notice to vacate & pay rent through the full notice period. Nothing you posted changes that legal requirement. 

• G R

Read the renters rights/obligation for your state.  Generally you should give 30 days notice IN WRITING and i would suggest doing it by certified or registered mail so they have to sign for it.  The signature will give you proof that you gave notice.

Notice needs to be in writing.  Send it registered letter with return receipt.  Send the termination letter and last month's cheque together.  Photograph everything together including the envelope before you send.  Text messages are useless; unless she replies there is no evidence that she ever received it.

Yes, you still need to give 60 days notice (if this is the lease notice period; otherwise whatever the legal minimum is wherever you live)

And you 100% need to pay rent until the end of your tenancy there. 

No options - these are legal requirements.

You need to give notice as outlined in your lease - didn't sign one - so if you pay by the month, then you owe 30 days' notice - one month.

Definitely give notice.  She sounds like the type of person who would make you pay for the first month or two after you leave if you don't give notice, and who would sue you or ruin your credit if you leave without giving notice and don't pay.

There is usually state law that dictates notice period when there isn't a written lease.  In most places you are required to provide 30 days notice.

If you haven't told your landlord yet, you will owe December rent.

You can easily prove rent payment dates. So why don't you? Or were you late?

you can't demand she accepts an e payment unless local law requires her to...otherwise, you have to pay in a way she accepts.

you told her?  you mean asked?  unless you have in writing that she is waiving notice, you have to give written notice as per province law.

if you never signed a lease, it defaults to state law, most areas re 30 days (1 calendar month) written notice.

if rent is due on the 1st, but there is a grace  period and you pay during the grace period (ie on the 3rd) you are paying late.

you can expect the current landlord to sue you and for you to have a court record for non payment of rent if you don't pay for december.

don't you have cancelled checks or rent receipts (dated)?