Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Do you support student loan forgiveness?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No, but I do support easing the payments, making it easier for them to get by.  I mean these kids were bamboozled by some of the most educated (and older/slyer) people.  There is a canard here that needs to be dispelled.  Education and intelligence do not connote benevolence.   

What we need to do is investigate why schools are telling students there is a future in Lesbian Dance Theory, and initiate a return to STEM fields, and employable liberal arts.  Yes you can have "Lesbian Dance Theory" or <insert non-Caucasian race here> studies as electives, but what field of study it a little baffling.

• 2 months ago

In some cases yes. I believe it should be based on a person's financial background, and how hard they have tried to keep their loan debt lowered.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Questions about the answerer are not allowed.

Studying something serious benefits society as a whole.

What's the point in paying banks for it?

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nope.   We all make choices.  They chose to go into debt for their education.  Hopefully they made the right choice and they will get a great job from that education and pay it off over time with that great job.  If they made a mistake and partied through school or picked bad courses which won't lead to a job, why am I  and other tax payers responsible?   So here is a great idea.  Let's keep taxes low, and allow personal responsibility so that we all make our own choices, thrive on our own success and pay for our own mistakes.   It will be a lesson you can't buy in a school.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

For people who earn less than $400,000, yes. 

• 2 months ago

Both morally and economically, it's the only thing that makes sense.

Strange that all of the armchair economists on the right can't understand that a generation of young people being saddled with crippling debt is a disaster for the economy.

• 2 months ago

No, it is unfair to people who did not choose to go to post-secondary education.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only if they are having trouble making payments.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No.  People should pay their own debts.  

• 2 months ago

No because it doesn't provide equal treatment under the law. Look at the thousands who have paid off their loans. They will not get forgiveness.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.