Are my 4K DVD player and 4K TV compatible?

So, I have a 4K TV, a 4K DVD player, and a 4K HDMI cord. The TV is 4K UHD, but the HDMI cord and DVD player are both 4K HDR. Are all of these compatible? Or do they all need to be either UHD or HDR? Help please?

A TV can be both UHD and HDR.

I would be more concerned that the HDCP version of the TV is older than that of the disc player, but perhaps firmware updates are available from the manufacturers' websites if such is the case.

But you're probably okay with what you have.

Most likely, yes it’s compatible.

The only way for me to know, is what model of the 4K Blu Ray player you are using, as well as the model of TV you are using. The reason I would want to know if that is because there are Blu Ray players that offer 4K upscaling, which in reality it’s a standard Blu Ray player that has the ability to upscale the standard Blu Rays and DVDs that you would put in to a higher resolution. Those are the cheaper Blu Ray players that you can find for less than $100 or $50.

Then there are actual 4K Blu Ray players, that can play not only 4K Blu Rays but standard Blu Rays and DVDs. Those cost more than $100. It’s most likely you have a 4K Blu Ray player, I just don’t know that without the model.

They are all compatable. So don't worry about it. It all works together. Just so long as the HDMI cables support 4K. That's all that matters.