Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Are men needed for anything other than sperm and heavy lifting in this modern society?

Oh, gigolos are occasionally needed 

Jerry - when I said heavy lifting, it includes all the dirty dangerous jobs you mentioned 😂

Favorite Answer

Forget the heavy lifting.

Men are needed by women for procreation purposes only.

One day we won't be needed because women will be able to become pregnant without the need for a man.

You know me.                             

As far as women have come with education and their careers and making slightly more money than most men in general they still seem to have a desperate need for men to pay for their meal on a date, I don’t think that will ever change.

How'bout the continuation of the species? 🙄

• Foofa

Even if that's all they're needed for (which I don't agree with), those things are still pretty important, especially the first one. 

• yodi

They make the best cs ers.

"Are men needed for anything other than sperm and heavy lifting in this modern society?"

I passed by a construction site today.  I peered through the hoarding to see this huge hole in the earth with a large crane in the middle.  All kinds of work going on with many people buzzing around.  I didn't see a single woman there.  Who is going to build anything if men won't?

The construction hoarding is really a representation of all men's work btw.  Hidden from view.  At the very base of society are all these hidden jobs that keep the electricity on, the water flowing the fuel delivered, the goods transported, the structure of civilization maintained.  Just because you don't see this, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist!

A lot of these are glass cellar jobs by the way.  Dirty, dangerous and definitely responsible for men's 93% workplace death rate compared to women's 7%.  Women don't -choose- these jobs.  This is all taken for granted.

UPDATE to your update;

And if by "heavy lifting" you are including the male dominated jobs that I mentioned above, then your question is really asking this:

"Are men needed for anything in this modern society other than sperm and creating civilization, building civilization and maintaining civilization? As well as creating and maintaining culture, and technology?"

Then the anwswer is still yes!  They are needed for leadership, politics, the intelligencia, culture, the arts, technology and much more.  I was happy to prove you wrong on one front.  But then you changed the goal posts by redefining your question.  So there you have it.

.