Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What can I do about an attorney that wont stop harassing me, i told him not to call, but he's called 6 times in the past two days?

He knows, that if he is to contact me, it has to be thru text, email, or mail.  I don't talk to attorneys on the phone.  He knows that. 

I didn't give him my phone number.  I made it a point not to.

More than likely, you had better take the call. You apparently are on his radar for a reason, best to find out. If it is in error then he will stop. If not, he will soon be getting mad enough to haul your a$$ to court to have a word with you. They don't just call random people for random reasons. 

Call a policeman.

Report him to your County Bar Association, and he COULD be suspended.

Nothing if he has a legitimate reason to contact you.  You could text/email/mail him back instead reiterating your desired mode of communication.

If you are using a cellphone, block him.  Moral of the story, don't give your telephone number to people you do not want to talk to.  Simple and very effective.