Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

Who was the last monarch of England, Ireland and Scotland ?

Update:

I think you're both wrong @ first two answerers...

Update 2:

who was the last monarch to have been the King of England, Scotland AND Ireland ?

I guess that will now give it away...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

The last king was William III, the last monarch was Anne who was Queen of England, Scotland and Ireland between 8 March 1702 and 1 May 1707. 

• 2 months ago

I'd say it was Henry VIII although he was not recognised as King of Ireland by the Catholic Church whom he had separated from to form the Church of England.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

6 February 1952 – 28 May 1953

In English: Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas Queen, Defender of the Faith

In Latin: Elizabeth II, Dei Gratia Magnae Britanniae, Hiberniae et terrarum transmarinarum quae in ditione sunt Britannica Regina, Fidei Defensor

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Queen Anne was the last monarch of all three kingdoms at the same time. During her reign (1707) the kingdoms of Scotland and England were abolished to become the Kingdom of Great Britain after Scotland bankrupted itself over the Darien venture (the failed attempt to establish New Caledonia in Panama). 

George III was king when the kingdom of Ireland was abolished in 1800, to merge with the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, later renamed the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland to take account of the secession of Eire in 1922.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Queen Elizabeth is currently the monarch of England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland (plus a few other independent countries that recognize her throne).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.