Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

I want to move out of my husband home of gis parents i have found a place but now my husband wont come what shall i do?

I cant live here anymore its effecting my mental health. I hav paid the deposit and the paper work has gone through. We are about to get our keys and meet the landlord. If i go alone it will be very awkard what excuse can i make.

Excuse to landlord why i cane alone not his parents

• ?

Where do you live. In the US the less people living in a house or apartment usually means the less damage done to their property. 

• Raja

You have paid the deposit and the paper work is ready .That is all the Landlord need  .There is no excuse to landlord .This is your wish .By and chance if he ask why you came alone say that it is your wish.

• i + i

You do not need an excuse. If asked, 

simply say that your husband did not 

want to come to pick up the keys... 

which is simply the truth, isn't it?

While your landlord is entitled to know who and how many persons will be living in his property, you are under no obligation to provide any explanations of why this is the case.  Good luck and good wishes, 

You have no need to explain anything to the landlord. However, your husband needs to explain himself to you! He made his marriage vows to you, not his parents! You don't give his reasons for letting you down: are his parents very ill, for example?

There is much more to this, obviously, and your question is trivial compared to the main issue, isn't it? . Email me if you'd like to.

Source(s): Relationships@Jamforlife.co.uk

Why awkward? It's quite normal for adults to handle business such as this on their own.No excuse needed! But you could say, " My husband wasn't able to make it after all, things with his folks", and leave it at that. Your personal life is nothing to concern a landlord about.  My husband and I lived with his folks briefly, 5 weeks, after traveling across country to relocate there. After 5 weeks, when it was clear my husband was "stuck",  I went to a town 65 minutes away, got a job, rented an apartment, and came "home" to privately tell my husband we were moving and we announced it that night at dinner. I was moving regardless, he was welcome to join me. He wasn't initially pleased at my decision but he thanked me profusely for "rescuing us"the next week when we up and moved in. 

We were in our late 30's and I believe that is not your age bracket. However, if your husband can't bear the notion of being separated from his parents.... I'm sorry for how painful that must be, you are not doomed to remain living under their roof if you can afford a roof of your own. If he's interested in being a husband, he'll come around soon. If he's not interested in being a husband then that is most excellent information for you to have. 

If the paperwork is signed and deposit paid - you can't back out. If he doesn't move with you, he'll still be on the lease, and liable to pay rent.

Move, if you can afford it. And, if he does not follow in a week get separation papers. 

That should scare him enough to untie the apron strings. OR make it good.

You should move into your new place. When you got married, I’m guessing your vows didn’t include living with his parents. People usually move out of their parents house when they get married. I’m surprised you even agreed to marry a man who still lives at home with mommy and daddy. You shouldn’t have to make yourself crazy for a man who can’t seem to grow up. If you move, he will eventually follow. If he doesn’t, then you will know where his priorities lie. You shouldn’t have to be married to a man who’s that attached to his mommy. Your happiness is important, and your husband should consider your feelings instead of just deciding on his own that you will live with his parents. And no need to make excuses to your LL. Just say your husband couldn’t be there if he asks. If he insists that all adults sign the lease, just tell him the truth. No need to make up lies and stories. Your LL is there to collect rent, not to judge your family and your marriage. 

• drip

Why an excuse. Use the truth.  As a married couple we need our own place. I have arrange that. And we will be moving in next week. 

If your husband doesn’t move with you, he can explain that to his parents. 

And then it may be time to rethink the relationship.