hali asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Is my grandmother causing problems on purpose? ?

I can’t sleep too much drama, my grandmother has been at the house for 3 days & it seems like she's trying to annoy my stepmom. The other night my 17-year-old sister got mad because our stepmom wouldn’t let her go to a party. My dad has told us that if my stepmom tells us we can’t do saying that he is to agree with her. When my dad & mom with to the Grocery store My sister started complaining to my grandmother about not being able to go to the party. My grandmother told my sister that she overrules our stepmom & she told my sister to go to the party. Then my grandmother asked me if I had a party to go do I said no. My sister yelled grandma she is 13 years old with no life & she is always kissing our dad’s wife but. When my dad and stepmom came home they wanted to know where my sister was and my grandmother told them that she gave my sister permission to go to the party. It started an 

Argument between the three of them. My sister got grounded and now our grandmother Is criticizing our stepmom mom every chance she gets our dad has told my grandmother to stop being disrespectful to his wife. My stepmom has been ignoring my grandmother. My sister has been hideous towards my stepmom cussing at her & keeping me up when she sneaks in & out of the house at night. I am not telling on her because sooner or later my sister will get caught plus I don’t like causing conflict.

• ?

i would hope not

You're still so young, their conflict is not your problem. Let them handle it among themselves and try not to worry or stress about it.

And yes, your grandmother sounds like a real piece of work, but your dad and stepmom seem to be handling this well as a team. Hopefully, granny will be on her way home soon if she keeps this up.

No she is not........................

• T J

Not to worry about your sister, she will mess up sooner than later. Play dumb, you do not know anything about her going out.