Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

I pushed him away by trying too hard. Now I’m walking away ?

This is not the first time we have gone our seperate ways to end up back together 

We are on and off for 2.5 years now but never really official and that where the problem lies. 

We only started having sex this summer though 

So we have gone out on proper dates and so on many times 

Yet evens after sleeping together he doesn’t want to progress the relationship. He keeps saying he isn’t sure

It is true that I’ve been the one showing more interest and chasing since the beginnin. The dynamics of the relationship is unbalanced 

I told him that since he is unsure I want to date other guys

He said that it’s fair and that he realizes he has been flaky (which is true). He said he won’t be seeing anyone and he needs to work on himself 

Since then he has reached out and messages me

More than ever before. Which is surprising because he never texts first (and this is one of the things I used to complain abt) 

I guess I tried too hard and was so open with my feelings. 

Is there anyway I can get him back for good?

• a

"Is there any way I can get him back for good?"

Dear Lord, why would you want to? He's a flake, immature, and clearly not ready for a real relationship. In two-and-a-half YEARS he's been on and off. You started having sex *during a pandemic* and I'm sure what he misses is the sex. Most women would not be willing to be a f--k toy, during a pandemic, for someone who has no interest in a relationship, let alone someone who had strung them along for over two years.

Darling, cut your losses. You've dodged a bullet. Move on.

Stop having sex with him until there’s a commitment. That will allow him to decide whether or not he wants to be with you or not since sex won’t be in the equation. Also let him miss you, by you not reaching out so  often. You won’t be able to see his level of investment in you if you constantly reach out first. Until he becomes your bf, let him do most of the initiating, lean back a little. He’s a man, they know how to pursue a girl they want. 

He realized that I had my heart broken previously. He was 100% mindful of my stuff. I was harmed and as yet attempting to mend and he was the primary genuine relationship I had since tragedy. He should comprehend that I was all the while figuring out how to trust once more. I realize that being with me wasn't simple, yet I idea that he adored me enough to remain in any case.

• Matt

BREAKING - No one cares