digis asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

English speakers, could you help me?

I need to translate a creative (poetic) piece of writing describing a work of art but I am not a native English speaker and I am not sure if this sounds natural? I would be grateful if someone helped me and said if I need to change something in this paragraph:

This artwork was spit out by Earth from deep inside.

Where the flaming chaos, the dragon of sickness and fear, is raging,

This stone was discovered by a young artist, Tom Nowak. He had a close look at it and he felt what was going on deep inside it.

But he put on a lock so that we could find a key ourselves, and if we dare, even unlock it.

What is inside the artwork that awaits us?

And what stories would this artwork spit out from the depths of the past?

Favorite Answer

It is understandable. Perhaps make a few changes. Use the past tense of spit.. Change would for could or might. Change felt to sensed.   

This artwork was spat out from deep inside inside the Earth..

Where in the flaming chaos, the dragon of sickness and fear, is raging,

This stone was discovered by a young artist, Tom Nowak. He took a close look at it and sensed what was going on deep inside.

And what stories could this artwork spit out from the depths of the past?